ODEP implements a number of initiatives and offers a variety of resources to help adults with disabilities understand employment issues. Links to these resources are centralized on this page. In addition, adults with disabilities are encouraged to also visit the Workforce and Employment Supports sections of ODEP’s Web site.
- Writing and Formatting a Scannable Resume
- Essential Elements of an Effective Job Search
- Career Development for Persons With Disabilities
- Entrepreneurship: A Flexible Route to Economic Independence for People with Disabilities
- Increasing Options: The Ticket to Work and Self Sufficiency Program
- People with Disabilities–Temporary Employment Options
- The Job Accommodation Process: Steps to Collaborative Solutions
- Personal Assistance Services in the Workplace
Discrimination in the Workplace
- Practical Solutions, Vol I: Customized Employment
- Practical Solutions, Vol II: Customized Employment
- DisabilityInfo.gov—Employment Section/Job Seeker and Employee Resources
- Customized Employment
- Emergency Preparedness and People with Disabilities
- Small Business and Self Employment for People with Disabilities
Technical Assistance Services
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Adults (NCWD-A)
- Customized Employment: Practical Solutions for Employment Success
- Preparing the Workplace for Everyone: Accounting for the Needs of People with Disabilities
- ACTION: Independence through Employment; New Freedom Initiative 2002 - HTML Version | PDF version
- What is the Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)?
- How many people with disabilities are there in the United States?
- How many people with disabilities are working?
- How does the federal government define "disability"?
- What is National Disability Employment Awareness Month?
- Where can I find more information on specific disabilities or medical conditions?
- How does the new Medicare prescription drug benefit apply to persons with disabilities?
- Does the Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) give grants to individuals with disabilities?
- Can DOL's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) help people with disabilities find jobs?
- I'm a person with a disability and I would like to work for the federal government. How do I get a job with the government?
- I am a person with a disability. Where can I get information and financial assistance to start my own business?
- What can I do if I think my employer or supervisor is discriminating against me because of my disability?
- I have recently become disabled and cannot do the work I had been doing in the past. Where can I get financial assistance for training or retraining?
- Is there anything that my employer must provide to help me do my job and accommodate my disability?
- Are there any specific financial assistance or scholarships available for individuals with disabilities who want to go to college?
- What can I do if I am having difficulty with disability payments from my insurance company?
- How do I file a worker's compensation claim or check on the status of my claim?
Adults with disabilities may also find information of interest in ODEP’s online News Room, including recent news releases, speeches and additional publications.