ODEP implements a number of initiatives and offers a variety of resources to help researchers learn about issues related to the employment of people with disabilities. Links to these resources are centralized on this page. In addition, researchers are encouraged to visit the Research section of ODEP's Web site.
- DisabilityInfo.gov—Employment Section/Research and Statistics
- Research on Workplace Accommodations (Job Accommodation Network)
- Research on Corporate Culture and People with Disabilities (Employer Assistance and Recruiting Network (EARN))
- Telework Research
- Workforce Research
Note: Descriptions for each of the following resources are provided in the Fact Sheet titled Disability Data Resources.
General Disability Research Organizations
- The National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research
- Interagency Committee on Disability Research
- National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability/Adult
- Employment and Disability Institute
- John J. Heldrich Center for Workforce Development
- Law, Health Policy and Disability Center
- Disability Research Institute
Youth Disability Research Organizations
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition
- National Longitudinal Transition Study-2
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities
Federal Government Data Resources
- U.S. Census Bureau
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Office of Special Education Programs
- Rehabilitation Services Administration
- National Center for Health Statistics
Data Resources Supported by Federal Funds
- ODEP's GPRA Indicators, Fiscal Year 2004 Data, Targets, and Achievements in Fiscal Year 2005
- Independent Evaluation of Disability Employment Policy Demonstration Programs
- How many people with disabilities are there in the United States?
- How many people with disabilities are working?
- How does the federal government define "disability"?
- Where can I find more information on specific disabilities or medical conditions?
Researchers may also find information of interest in ODEP's online News Room, including recent news releases, speeches and additional publications.