ODEP implements a number of initiatives and offers a variety of resources to help service providers understand issues related to the employment of people with disabilities. Links to these resources are centralized on this page. In addition, service providers are encouraged to visit the Workforce, Youth and Employment Supports sections of ODEP’s Web site.
- Workforce Investment Act of 1998: Its Application to People with Disabilities
- Career Development for Persons With Disabilities
- Entrepreneurship: A Flexible Route to Economic Independence for People with Disabilities
- Increasing Options: The Ticket to Work and Self Sufficiency Program
- People with Disabilities–Temporary Employment Options
- Workforce Intermediaries: Strategic Connections for Youth with Disabilities
- Communicating With and About People with Disabilities
- Customized Employment Q and A
- Customized Employment Q and A: Changing Staff Roles
- Customized Employment Q and A: Creating a Diversified Funding Base
- Customized Employment Q and A: Supporting Community Employment as an Employment Outcome
- Practical Solutions, Vol I: Customized Employment
- Practical Solutions, Vol II: Customized Employment
- Customized Employment
- DisabilityInfo.gov—Employment Section/Workforce Professionals Resources
- DisabilityInfo.gov—Employment Section/Job Training
- DisabilityInfo.gov—Employment Section/Self Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Small Business and Self Employment for People with Disabilities
Technical Assistance Services
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Employer Assistance and Recruiting Network
- National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Adults (NCWD-A)
- National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Youth (NCWD-Y)
- Training and Technical Assistance for Providers (T-TAP)
- Customized Employment: Practical Solutions for Employment Success
- ACTION: Independence through Employment; New Freedom Initiative 2002 - HTML Version | PDF version
- WIA Section 188 Disability Checklist
- What is the Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)?
- How many people with disabilities are there in the United States?
- How many people with disabilities are working?
- How does the federal government define "disability"?
- Does the Office of Disability Employment Policy have "disability awareness" materials that can be used for NDEAM events, or for other trainings and workshops for employers and other organizations?
- Can organizations apply for grants from the Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)?
- How do the Department's equal treatment regulations apply to faith-based and community organizations that manage policy demonstration projects funded by ODEP?
- Where can I access employers who have had successful experiences hiring people with disabilities?
Service providers may also find information of interest in ODEP’s online News Room, including recent news releases, speeches and additional publications.