Skip Navigation

How can I request the participation of the Surgeon General's Honor Corps at an event?


To request  the participation of the Ceremonial Unit of the Surgeon General's Honor Corps in your program, please provide the following information to the Acting Surgeon General:

  1. Name of event, and anticipated numbers in attendance
  2. Date and Time of event, including time the Honors Corps should arrive
  3. Contact person for the event, including phone number and e-mail address
  4. Whether the program includes the National Anthem and/or the Public Health Service March
  5. Availability and location of parking facilities

Please note that the Requesting Organization shall provide a secure room for the Honor Corps to prepare immediately prior to the event and an appropriate sound reproduction system. In special circumstances, the Honor Corps can assist in providing a portable CD player with the appropriate music.

Likewise, the Requesting Organization is responsible for reimbursing any travel/parking expenses for the event, as incurred by the Honor Corps.

If you have any questions, please contact the Commanding Officer of the Honor Corps, CAPT Richard Vause at (215) 861-4375, or the Deputy Commanding Officer, LCDR Robin Scheper at (301) 443-1707.

Please submit the requesting letter/memo via hard copy, or fax to:

RADM Steven K. Galson, M.D., M.P.H.
Acting Surgeon General
Office of the Surgeon General
Parklawn Building, Room 18-67
5600 Fishers Lane
Rockville, MD 20857
Fax: 301-443-8590


Last Updated: 03/28/2008