Announcement of the Accredited Program
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
is licensed to offer continuing education credit in the following
CME – accredited by the Accreditation Council
for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education for
CNE – accredited as a provider of continuing
Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s
Commission on Accreditation,
CPE – accredited by the Accreditation Council
for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy
CECH – a designated provider of continuing
education contact hours (CHECH) in health education by the National
Commission of Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
CEU – authorized provider for continuing
education credit by the International Association for Continuing
Education and Training (IACET) 8405 Greensboro Drive, Suite 800,
McLean, VA 22102
– approved provider of continuing education credit for the American
Association of Veterinary State Boards RACE program.
Whom to Contact
Write to: Barbara Stallworth, CE Coordinator
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30333
You must electronically submit your answers before the stated expiration date to be eligible to receive MMWR continuing education credit. Please check the MMWR continuing education website for expiration dates or call the MMWR Office at
404/498-2359 for information regarding an extended expiration date for this continuing medical education component.
Instructions for earning continuing education credit through the World Wide Web
- Select the electronic file and/or register and test for a particular MMWR article.
- Click on the test type desired under the heading "Register and Take Exam". You can view the entire MMWR issue/article in PDF format by clicking on the link starting with 'View'. Adobe Acrobat Reader
6.0 is needed to view the PDF file. Click here to download a copy of the Adobe reader for your platform.
- If you have registered in this system before, please use the same login name and password. This will ensure an accurate transcript.
- If you have not previously registered in this system, please provide the registration information requested. This allows accurate tracking for credit purposes. Please review the CDC Privacy Notice.
- Once you have logged in/registered, select the test and take the exam.
- Answer the questions presented. To receive continuing education credit, you must answer all of the questions. Some questions have more than one answer. Questions with more than one answer will instruct you to "indicate all that are true."
- Submit your answers at the end of the program to receive your continuing education certificate of completion.
- Print your certificate from your web browser for your records. When you complete additional continuing education courses, you will receive a list of all courses completed from the MMWR Continuing Education Program.