[NIFL-ESL:8821] ESL Health Literacy at TESOL

From: Kate Singleton (katesingleton@cox.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 11:17:19 EST

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:17:19 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Kate Singleton" <katesingleton@cox.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8821] ESL Health Literacy at TESOL

Hello, listmembers.

I will be presenting a workshop called "Health Literacy and Adult ESOL
Learners" at TESOL next week.  There has been a slight schedule change which
won't be reflected in the printed program, so I'd like to mention it here
for anyone who's interested in attending.  It will be on Saturday, March 29,
from 9:30-11:15 in the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, Room Severn 1, NOT in
the Convention Center.

In the workshop we will be looking at the specific needs of adult ESL
learners in regard to health, access to care, and interacting with health
care providers.  Curriculum ideas and instructional materials will be
provided for all instructional levels.  We will also address concerns about
teaching sensitive health topics in class.  And new Picture Stories for ESL
Health Literacy will be making their debut.

I'm wondering if any others out there would like to share information about
their upcoming TESOL presentations.

Kate Singleton
katesingleton@cox.net
Fairfax County (VA) Adult and Community Education