[NIFL-ESL:9716] Re: Help needed in teaching ESL students

From: AWilder106@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 14:00:49 EST

Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:00:49 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: AWilder106@aol.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9716] Re: Help needed in teaching ESL students

Dear Teachers,

I should have changed the subject heading in my previous email.  In brief, I will be teaching ESL to 2 Bulgarian adults, possibly two evenings a week.  His skills are better than hers, both are  eager learners.  They want to speak and understand English better than they do now.  How should I go about this?  I have some simple ideas, but yours will be a lot better, I expect. In Bulgaria, both were teachers. It seems to me I should have a variety of activities, all aimed at strengthening hearing/listening and speaking.  Advice, please!

Thanks.

Andrea