[NIFL-ESL:9481] Favorite ESL Lessons

From: Jennifer Morrow (jmorrow@jcplin.org)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 14:02:08 EDT

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:02:08 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Jennifer Morrow" <jmorrow@jcplin.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9481] Favorite ESL Lessons

Hey Everybody!
I have just begun teaching a beginning level ESL class.  Now that I am four weeks in, I am running out of ideas.  My favorite activity so far is to hand out a picture and ask the students to tell me a story about it.  I write the story on the board.  We practice reading it together and they ask questions about pronunciation and grammar.  It has been a wonderful experience each time I have done it.  I like that kind of authentic, student directed learning.  What is your favorite activity to do in class?  What activity do you do that always seems to promote learning?  What activity do your students always seem to enjoy?  I would really appreciate the help!
Thanks in advance,

Jennifer Morrow
Johnson County Public Library
Adult Learning Center