[NIFL-ESL:8781] Questions...

From: DAVID R SMITH (DAVID.SMITH2@slps.org)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 10:03:40 EST

Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:03:40 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "DAVID R SMITH" <DAVID.SMITH2@slps.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8781] Questions...

[NIFL-ESL:8773] Fw: Re: oil and war

Hello,

I have some questions for the members here who teach ESOL or work as administrators in the field.

What's been the most difficult part of your job?

How do you keep your passion day in and day out with what you are doing?

To those who have worked at implementing English classes for employees on the job, what are some solutions you have found to the many common obstacles that come up (lack of staff cooperation or interest, demanding more of the employee's valuable time, finding willing employers in the first place)?

What are the most important things for our students to know about the English language?  (understandably a very subjective question)

What are some ways you put fun and play into your classroom (or work environment)?

My hope is that everyone who subscribes to this list will respond to at least one of the questions.  Thank you.

David Smith
Adult Education and Literacy
Saint Louis Public Schools