Skip Navigation

Breast Cancer

Frequently Asked Questions

16. If I do need to seek treatment for breast cancer, what are some of my options?

You can seek conventional treatment from a specialized cancer doctor, called an oncologist. The oncologist will usually assemble a team of specialists to guide your therapy. Besides the oncologist, the team may include a surgeon, a radiation oncologist who is a specialist in radiation therapy, and others. (Answer continues on next page.)