Privacy and Security Solutions for Interoperable Health Information Exchange (HIE)
- Co-managed by HHS' Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC), the Privacy and Security Solutions contract brings states and territories together to discuss the privacy and security challenges posed by HIE in their states.
- Primary Goal: To identify, propose solutions, and develop implementation plans for identified variations in organization-level business policies and state laws that affect health information exchange.
State Alliance for E-Health
- Initiative designed to improve the nation's health care system through the formation of a collaborative body that enables states to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the health IT initiatives they develop.
- Primary Goal: To work with Governors and Governor-named high-level executives of states and U.S. territories to establish a high-level health IT advisory board to identify, assess and, through the formation of consensus solutions, map ways to resolve state-level health IT issues that affect multiple states and pose challenges to interoperable electronic health information exchange.
Development of Best Practices for State-level Health Information Exchange Initiatives
- Helps to inform and advance State-level HIE Initiatives.
- Foundation of Research and Education of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) - under contract with the ONC.
- Primary Goal: To gather information from existing state-level Health Information Exchanges and define, through a consensus-based process, best practices that can be disseminated across a broad spectrum of health care and governmental organizations.