|A Strong tradition since the beginning of time
Benefits for the Baby:
- Mother's milk protects babies from ear infections, diarrhea, colds, and flu.
- Mother's milk may protect babies from obesity and so reduce their risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Mother's milk is easily digested.
- Mother's milk is the perfect food for premature babies.
Benefits for Mom:
- Breastfeeding is convenient.
- Breastfeeding shrinks the uterus and helps stops bleeding after birth.
- Breastfeeding means less risk of breast and ovarian cancers for moms.
- Moms may return to their pre-pregnancy weight quicker.
- Breastfeeding helps a mother and her baby bond.
Benefits for the Community:
- Breastfeeding saves valuable, natural resources and keeps our environment clean.
- Breastfeeding means fewer health care dollars will be spent on illness.
- Breastfeeding will reduce time lost from work and school because of sickness.
- Breastfeeding honors our values, heritage, and traditions.
Benefits for the Future:
- Breastfeeding may mean fewer weight problems and less diabetes for the next generation.
- Breastfeeding means stronger and wiser leaders for the challenges of the future.
- Breastfeeding is a message of hope for our tomorrows.