[NIFL-ESL:8585] RE: War as a cross-cultural issue

From: Cindi Riley (criley@lowcountryliteracy.org)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 10:13:45 EST

From: "Cindi Riley" <criley@lowcountryliteracy.org>
To: <nifl-esl@nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8585] RE: War as a cross-cultural issue
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:13:45 -0500

Your students want to know why the U.S. goes around attacking people all the
time? Do they study the history of Japan during the 20th century? I have
great reservations re: the present action being contemplated, but I do know
if we really wanted the oil in Iraq we could have had it long ago. Yes, the
U.S. makes many mistakes, but we don't go around attacking people all the
time.

Cindi Riley
Assistant Director
Literacy Volunteers of the Lowcountry