[NIFL-ESL:8860] RE: a multi-level workforce curriculum

From: Plumb, Judie (jplumb@gwinnett.tec.ga.us)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 12:56:19 EST

Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:56:19 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Plumb, Judie" <jplumb@gwinnett.tec.ga.us>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8860] RE: a multi-level workforce curriculum

I teach a similar class, but don't have such open enrollment.
Have you taken a look at Longman's Workplace Plus?  4 levels, each chapter
in each book has the same title. Feasibly, your students could learn similar
material at appropriate levels.
Then there are the newest: Literacy Plus, A & B, also dealing with the
workplace and civics issues. A is for someone who is not literate in their
own language, and B is for those who are literate in their own language, but
do not know any English.

Judie Plumb
Workplace & Health Literacy Lead Instructor
Gwinnett Technical College
770-962-7580  Ext 340