[NIFL-ESL:9455] Boderlands-pg.2

From: Ken Taber (kentaber@inetgenesis.com)
Date: Sun Sep 07 2003 - 20:31:56 EDT

Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:31:56 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Ken Taber" <kentaber@inetgenesis.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9455] Boderlands-pg.2

and in closing....

"Latina Life Stories," has been for me certainly one of the more thought
provoking classes I have taken here at California State University Monterey
Bay. Both the students, whom I hold in high regard, and the inspiring
material used to teach the class, have challenged me to take a serious look
at my own identity and how I relate to the personal experiences of others.
Working through my own personal issues around cultural identity has
encouraged me to be more open minded in regards to the life experiences of
others. Gloria AnzaldĂșa and her writings have left a lasting impression on
my soul. The Morales women, showed me through their writings, a passionate
journey of bridging the cultural divides they experienced in their own
lives. I thoroughly enjoyed the stories shared by Carmen Deedy, and also the
Latina music that would often times add a very nice touch to the class.
I will be forever grateful to Professor Benmayor for her patience and her
ability to make me strive to higher my academic standards. I have thoroughly
enjoyed being a student in Latina Life Stories.
Sincerely,
Jinny Seidel

Home Page