[NIFL-ESL:8926] Online TESL/TEFL Certifications

From: Amanda Wendt (Wendt@AXP.WINNEFOX.ORG)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 17:21:17 EDT

Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 17:21:17 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Amanda Wendt <Wendt@AXP.WINNEFOX.ORG>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8926] Online TESL/TEFL Certifications

Hello all,
Does anyone have any experience with online certification in the ESL field?
I've noticed several websites that offer online or distance certification
for ESL teachers, both in North America and abroad. I'm wondering how
reputable these sites are, and whether or not this type of certification is
really recognized and valued in different agencies and schools. Has anyone
gone through one of these trainings? Does anyone have suggestions on which
courses are better than others? Any help would be appreciated, as always.

Amanda Wendt, Student Services Coordinator
Winnebago County Literacy Council
106 Washington Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
(920) 236-5219 ext. 4802