[NIFL-ESL:8756] RE: NIFL's Policy

From: Kimberly Cartier (cartierkimberly@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 14:19:44 EST

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:19:44 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Kimberly Cartier" <cartierkimberly@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8756] RE: NIFL's Policy

I have been feeling exactly the same way over here in New Hampshire.

I really think that a lot of the comments that have been made to the
listserve member who was expelled were inappropriate, rude, and a reflection
of the writer's own ignorance.

I am appalled when I consider the possibility that there is virtually no
public forum in which an intelligent conversation about the political issues
that affect our students can be conducted.

Incidentally, whatever happened to the idea that reason should prevail in a
debate (as opposed to ignorance and knee-jerk emotional responses)?  If
people are offended by comments to which they are incable of constructing an
intelligent response, they really should keep their mouths shut (and their
hands off of the keys).  This whole thing is really chilling.

Kimberly Cartier