[NIFL-ESL:8576] Re: Emergency Preparedness

From: Dottie Shattuck (dottie@shattuck.net)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 13:07:42 EST

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:07:42 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Dottie Shattuck" <dottie@shattuck.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8576] Re:  Emergency Preparedness

Colleagues -- I had no intention of setting off a hornet's nest or insulting
anyone's political sensibilities!

I simply wanted to know if any of you planned to present a lesson on Emergency
Preparedness, as per the govt. site, and, if so, how you planned to do it.  My
students have VERY limited oral & listening skills (level 0) & I needed help.

Thanks to the advice from a colleague in Iowa, I'll continue with my "weather
emergencies" (tornadoes, hurricanes) & "9-1-1 emergencies" as I have done for
years.  I'll also include a caution for families to know how to reach each other &
where to meet in ANY emergency.

 __
|__ / ottie              dottie@shattuck.net