[NIFL-ESL:8529] Re: Fw: Re: Need some help...

From: Amanda Wendt (Wendt@AXP.WINNEFOX.ORG)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 14:54:37 EST

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:54:37 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Amanda Wendt <Wendt@AXP.WINNEFOX.ORG>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8529] Re: Fw: Re: Need some help...

> Hi, everyone:
>
> Have a question that perhaps you can help.  Am putting together a
> document
> in which I would like to list the top 10 or so ESL conferences in the
> US.
> Have some ideas, but need some assistance from those of you out there
> who
> know much more than I do about all this.  What would you suggest as
> "the"
> conferences that should not be missed?  What I would like to come up
> with is
> sort of an "ESL professional calendar," if you will.  You needn't
> supply all
> ten, or you might want to list more than 10.
>
> As always, I am grateful for your input.
>
> Judy

Judy -
Perhaps you would want to include the ProLiteracy National Conference in
your list. ProLiteracy is the organization that was formed with the merger
of Literacy Volunteers of America and Laubach Literacy. I don't know much
about the 2003 conference, but I know that the 2002 conference was held in
San Diego, CA in May. You could probably find out more information about the
upcoming yearly conference on the ProLiteracy website at
www.proliteracy.org.
Hope that helps!!
Amanda Wendt, Oshkosh, WI