[NIFL-WORKPLACE:700] RE: new GAO reports

From: Kevin O'Connor (koconnor@framingham.k12.ma.us)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 10:37:07 EDT

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:37:07 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Kevin O'Connor" <koconnor@framingham.k12.ma.us>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WORKPLACE:700] RE: new GAO reports

Our workplace programs were begun with DOE grant money, so we were required to use the mandated assessments- BEST for lower SPLs and REEP for the higher ones.

During this time, the company had us do a needs assessment to measure the SPL of the current workers, and to determine the level needed to REALLY do the job.  Based on this needs assessment, we (the company and the Ed provider) designed an Oral assessment, along with a Reading/Writing assessment specifically for this workplace.

Kevin O'Connor
Framingham Adult ESL
508-626-4282
koconnor@framingham.k12.ma.us