Date:         Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:56:08 -0700
Sender:       Medical Information Software Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "Ewing, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Zebra Printers Anyone?

We use a Zebra 220ii Plus for printing pharmacy labels. (Note, this is a large, up to 8 inches wide, label ... much bigger than is necessary. Printers with smaller label sizes should still be able to provide the same performance.) The only real issue is that if you have a large multipart label where the "whole" label is more than 1 label high, the Zebra tries to treat it as two separate labels, even if they are different sizes. The Zebra can handle each size separately but with Netprint, we were unable to get it to act as one (1) label. With a Desktop 7000 drive the rmi.ini file takes care of the problem ... with Netprint, we were unable to duplicate that function. BUT, if you are using a single solid label (solid top to bottom. Labels that have multiple parts side to side should be fine.) with Netprint, it works very well. We were able to code ZPL II (Zebra Programming Language II) output from Netprint to the printer with good success. While there are some logical limitations, we were able to produce some nice labels where the print can be of many varied fonts (size and type) and orientation ... we print the hospital name vertically along the the left side of the label and create borders and other fixed data. In addition, we have been able to create some very nice barcodes to be used by the McKesson Barcode scanning application. The Netprint and Zebra combination was able to print a very tight, yet high quality barcode that was a combination of Code 128 B and 128 A for special characters. Much more flexible than the standard RFT barcoding options. Mike Ewing -----Original Message----- From: Linda Salem [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Sent: Thu 2/26/2004 2:56 PM To: [log in to unmask] Cc: Subject: Zebra Printers Anyone? We are in the market for some new label printers for our Pharmacy and Dietary Departments. Currently we are using Sato printers that are local from E7000, but we are looking at Zebra printers for their compatibility with Net Print. Is anyone using Zebra printers for label printing? What model(s) are you using? Are you satisfied with the performance? Thanks for your feedback. Linda `'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'` Linda Salem, RN, BS Project Manager Maimonides Medical Center Brooklyn, NY 11219-1017 [log in to unmask] 718-283-1851 (Phone) 718-283-1880 (Fax) Excellence can be attained if you Care more than others think is wise Risk more than other think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. `'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'` This e-mail contains confidential or proprietary information which may be legally privileged. If you are not the named recipient, you should immediately delete it from your computer system. *****************************************************************************This communication is for the use of the intended recipient only. It may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, any disclosure, copying, further distribution or use thereof is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please advise me by return e-mail or by telephone and delete/destroy it.*****************************************************************************