Date:         Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:00:36 -0500
Sender:       Medical Information Software Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Charles T Lunn <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Open Interfaces

Does anybody allow interfaces to TDS from any system that does not receive an ADT transaction? Maybe the question would be better formulated were it to read "How many sites would not allow an system to interface with TDS unless that system received ADT?". I having a difficult time grasping the feasibility of the allowing such an interface. The end user would be responsible for manually admitting the patient into their system, including the Acct#, MRN and name. The engine will cross check that the Acct# is valid for the MRN sent in, and we can even send along the name from a look-up on the engine to circumvent NAMCHK problems. Maybe its just me and there are many sites that use such interfaces? ============== Charles T Lunn Tel 706.886.4434 www.uysinc.com <http://www.uysinc.com/> ==============

[text/html]