*

Date:         Tue, 4 Apr 2000 08:29:31 -0400
Sender:       Medical Information Software Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "Bonner-Smith, Irene" <[log in to unmask]>

Currently at UHHS in Cleveland we do not status PT orders. The order for eval and treat stays on the patient record until he is discharged from the hospital. The only time the order is completed is when a more specific PT order is entered. This is done in our skilled nursing facility. -----Original Message----- From: Sutton, Darinda [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Sent: Monday, April 03, 2000 8:32 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: On Behalf of Gina Rose, Director of Rehab Services - UPMC Shadyside Pittsburgh, PA: [log in to unmask] (Please reply to all so that Gina can receive any responses that cross the ListServ) Does any PT dept in an acute care hospital environment discharge or "status" PT orders in TDS/Eclipsys when they (PT) discharge PT services during the patient's hospital stay? Does anyone know if this is consistent with PT practice regulations? MD orders are entered into TDS which notifies the physical therapy department that a consult has been generated. We (PT) do not "status" the order through the ordering function part of TDS-for example discharge the order in TDS when we discharge services, adjust the order or complete or cancel the order. I wanted to know if any PT departments do in fact adjust orders or "status" orders through TDS pathways and if they knew if this was consistent with PT regulations. Here is the question that triggered all of this..... we were asked why we do not cancel the PT order once we have discharged PT services? (We are a 7000 site.) Darinda Sutton RN Clinical Director, CIS UPMC Presbyterian [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> Office: 692-4161 Fax: 692-4162