The following are questions we receive often, and we hope they address your concern. If your question is not addressed, please feel free to contact us at the InfoODEP@dol.gov.
- What is the Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)?
- How many people with disabilities are there in the United States?
- How many people with disabilities are working?
- How does the federal government define "disability"?
- What is National Disability Employment Awareness Month?
- Does the Office of Disability Employment Policy have "disability awareness" materials that can be used for NDEAM events, or for other trainings and workshops for employers and other organizations?
- Where can I find more information on specific disabilities or medical conditions?
- Can organizations apply for grants from the Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)?
- Does the Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) give grants to individuals with disabilities?
- How do the Department's equal treatment regulations apply to faith-based and community organizations that manage policy demonstration projects funded by ODEP?
- How does the new Medicare prescription drug benefit apply to persons with disabilities?
Workers/Job Seekers with Disabilities
- Can DOL's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) help people with disabilities find jobs?
- I'm a person with a disability and I would like to work for the federal government. How do I get a job with the government?
- I am a person with a disability. Where can I get information and financial assistance to start my own business?
- What can I do if I think my employer or supervisor is discriminating against me because of my disability?
- I have recently become disabled and cannot do the work I had been doing in the past. Where can I get financial assistance for training or retraining?
- Is there anything that my employer must provide to help me do my job and accommodate my disability?
- Are there any specific financial assistance or scholarships available for individuals with disabilities who want to go to college?
- What can I do if I am having difficulty with disability payments from my insurance company?
- How do I file a worker's compensation claim or check on the status of my claim?
- We're new to the disability arena. Where do we start?
- Where can I access employers who have had successful experiences hiring people with disabilities?
- What can we do to enhance our services to customers with disabilities?
- What are my obligations as an employer under Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act and where can I get technical assistance?
- Where can I get information about making workplace accommodations?
- Where can employers find qualified applicants with disabilities?
- How do I know whether I am complying with the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act?