- The President’s Malaria Initiative Gives Komakec’s Family Hope: Oroma Monica took her sick 15-month-old son, Komakec Emanuel, to the local health clinic near their home in Ongako Internally Displaced Camp in northern Uganda. Komakec was immediately admitted to the health center and diagnosed with malaria.read more
- Free Mosquito Nets Draw Women to Health Facilities: The mosquito nets are a proven tool in the fight against malaria control and could drastically reduce the high mortality rates in women and children in Mozambique.read more
- ACTs Help Refugees Fight Malaria: Through USAID/Tanzania, PMI has provided more than $500,000 to the United Nations for refugee camps in Tanzania.read more
- Saving Lives Begins in the Community: Home-Based Management of Fever Reduces Malaria-Related Deaths of Children Under 5 in Rwanda.read more
- PMI Job Postings
- Read the August 2008 Edition of PMI E-News
- Fast Facts About PMI [PDF, 326KB]
- Interview With Rear Adm. Tim Ziemer, U.S. Malaria Coordinator
- PMI in the News: President Bush Signs H.R. 5501
Malaria Communities Program
The Malaria Communities Program (MCP) is a $30 million initiative created under PMI to support the efforts of communities and indigenous organizations to combat malaria at the local level.
Country Programs and Activities
- PMI Country Profiles
- Fiscal Year 2008 Malaria Operational Plans
- Zanzibar: Beyond Malaria Control
- Does Malaria Exist in Luanda?
- Malaria Resources
Learn more about malaria from additional resources on PMI and malaria.
- Fight Against Malaria
Read more about PMI’s comprehensive approach in preventing and treating malaria, which uses four lifesaving interventions.
- You Can Help
Many international organizations provide relief and humanitarian assistance to those suffering from malaria. Learn how you can help in the fight against malaria.