NHLBI Educational Materials Catalog: NHLBI Cardiovascular Disease Thought Leaders Meeting Report: Research Translation, Dissemination, and Application--Moving Toward a New Vision and Strategic Framework
NHLBI Cardiovascular Disease Thought Leaders Meeting Report: Research Translation, Dissemination, and Application--Moving Toward a New Vision and Strategic Framework
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute is taking a new direction to achieve a higher level of excellence in research translation and dissemination, ensuring that the results of our research truly impact clinical practice and public health. The NHLBI convened a Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Thought Leaders Meeting to hear their vision of how to achieve greater penetration of NHLBI research results into the marketplace of new scientific ideas, effective medical practice, and consumer health.
The meeting was a rich source of input on three main issues:
1. Developing integrated approaches to CVD risk factor education programs and clinical guidelines
2. Enhancing dissemination of NHLBI-funded research
3. Fostering stakeholder collaboration and knowledge exchange
Other recommendations were:
1. Continue to produce single risk factor clinical practice guidance when warranted and also develop integrated science and clinical recommendations;
2. Work more closely with current stakeholders to help in translating and disseminating our science; and
3. Collaborate more broadly with other agencies and organizations in reaching those at high risk of developing heart disease.