Skip Navigation

If I am concerned about mental, behavioral, or emotional symptoms in my young child, whom should I consult to help my child?


First, consult your child's doctor. Ask for a complete health examination of your child. Describe the behaviors that worry you. Ask whether your child needs further evaluation by a specialist in child behavioral problems. Such specialists may include psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and behavioral therapists. Educators may also be needed to help your child.

Learn More:


Last Updated: 4/25/2008