[NIFL-ASSESSMENT:168] Welcome to our new facilitator

From: Dianna Baycich (dbaycich@archon.educ.kent.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 12:37:29 EDT

Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:37:29 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-assessment@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Dianna Baycich" <dbaycich@archon.educ.kent.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-assessment@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ASSESSMENT:168] Welcome to our new facilitator

Hello All,
As of today I will be turning over my facilitation duties for the list to
Diane Rosenthal. Please give her a warm welcome. Following is some
information about Diane.

       "Diane Rosenthal, newly appointed Executive Director of LVA
Stamford/Greenwich, will be facilitating the assessment list beginning
August 1...Prior to joining LVA Stamford, Diane directed the What Works
Literacy Partnership (WWLP), which was funded by the Wallace-Reader's Digest
Funds. The Partnership represented a network of exemplary adult literacy
programs from across the country who worked long and hard to enhance their
capacity to use data for program improvement and decision making.  Diane's
experiences have made her extremely sensitive to the challenges that
programs face. Diane directed The New York Public Library Centers for
Reading and Writing  and was also the Deputy Director at the Literacy
Assistant Center. She is eager to facilitate discussions that will encourage
others to exchange successful assessment and data management practices; pose
questions; explore solutions, and share some of the lessons learned from
WWLP.  Please let her know what is on your mind.  We all all looking forward
to welcoming her."

Dianna Baycich
Ohio Literacy Resource Center
Research I Bld.