[NIFL-ASSESSMENT:103] Re: assessment tool

From: Regie Stites (regie.stites@sri.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 16:50:37 EDT

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:50:37 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-assessment@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Regie Stites <regie.stites@sri.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-assessment@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ASSESSMENT:103] Re: assessment tool

Kevin,
When you say you are looking for information on "oral assessments" do
you mean assessments of speaking and listening? If not these skills,
what do you want to assess?
Is it an oral interview format that you are interested in?
Would the examinees be English language learners?

Answering the above questions may help people on the list to respond to
your request.

Regie Stites

"Behroozi, Jaleh" wrote:

> ---------
> >        We have been working with a local manufacturing
> > company doing workplace education. Last summer we did a needs
> > assessment and now we are trying to build a tool for oral
> > assessment based on this.  The tool is not a criteria for
> > advancement, but for class placement.  I am trying to do a
> > good job, and build a fair test, although I feel like I'm
> > doing the devil's work.
> >
> >       I would like to look at some other tools, but I don't
> > want to lose two weeks time waiting for "sample" material
> > that may or may not be good/applicable/useful.  If you have
> > any suggestions that would be great. What good oral
> > assessments have you found?  What was good about them?  What
> > bad ones?  What was bad about them (so I can avoid
> > incorporating the same mistakes).
> >
> Kevin

--Boundary_(ID_KaGd5zdNmXTBBIUezt7E2w)

begin:vcard
n:Stites;Regie
tel;cell:(510) 325-3968
tel;fax:(650) 859-3375
tel;home:(510) 339-8905
tel;work:(650) 859-3768
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.sri.com/policy/cep/literacy
org:SRI International;Center for Education Policy
adr:;;333 Ravenswood Avenue;Menlo Park;CA;94025;
version:2.1
email;internet:regie.stites@sri.com
title:Program Manager
fn:Regie Stites, Ph.D.
end:vcard

--Boundary_(ID_KaGd5zdNmXTBBIUezt7E2w)--