[NIFL-WOMENLIT:1113] Reminder about Women and Literacy Conference

From: Daphne Greenberg (ALCDGG@langate.gsu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 16:15:01 EST

Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:15:01 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Daphne Greenberg" <ALCDGG@langate.gsu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:1113] Reminder about Women and Literacy Conference

Early bird registration for the Women and Literacy Conference is fast approaching-  it is 100 dollars if postmarked by 12/15, $125 if postmarked after 12/16 and $150 for on-site registration.
We are very excited about the conference which will be held from 1/22-1/24, 2001 at Georgia State University.  Our featured speakers on our keynote panels include:
Nancy Cooper-a field consultant in the Native community
Elisabeth Hayes- a researcher on adult literacy education and women's learning
Aubra Love- the director of the Black Church and Domestic Violence Project
Dani Lyndersay-a researcher on adult literacy learners in a village in Trinidad
Julia Perilla-the coordinator of a domestic violence intervention program for Latino families
Vanessa Sheared-a researcher focusing on an africentric feminist perspective of race, gender, class and literacy.
The focus of the conference is on how language, culture, literacy, and women interact in the adult literacy classroom.  Different workshops will tackle how these issues apply to general adult education, basic literacy, ESL, family literacy, health literacy, and workplace literacy.
If you have misplaced or not received a brochure and application, contact Sandy Vaughn at:
404-651-1400
or alcsvv@langate.gsu.edu   (note that the two letters after the s are v and v NOT w).

Daphne Greenberg
Center for the Study of Adult Literacy