[NIFL-WOMENLIT:1092] adult learner participation in domestic violence presentation

From: Amy Fitzgerald (AFitzgerald@LiteracyKC.org)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 10:07:18 EST

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:07:18 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Amy Fitzgerald <AFitzgerald@LiteracyKC.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:1092] adult learner participation in domestic violence  presentation

Hello, all.  My name is Amy, and I am the Associate Director of Programs for
an adult literacy program in Kansas City.
I am new to this position, and new to this list.  I am in the process of
developing a women's series for our organization.
The women in the program have identified several topics that are of interest
to them, and the organization is now in the process of developing meaningful
activities around those topics.  November is domestic violence awareness
month for us.
We have several activities that I think our adult learners will use,
including a resource table and a book display.
We also have a presentation scheduled that will include members of law
enforcement, emergency room personnel and a survivor of domestic violence
who is also an adult learner. Does anyone have any insight into adult
learner recruitment for such an event?

Thanks for the feedback.

Amy