[NIFL-WOMENLIT:546] FW: The Digital Divide's New Frontier

From: Behroozi, Jaleh (Jaleh_Behroozi@nifl.gov)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 11:07:26 EST

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:07:26 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Behroozi, Jaleh" <Jaleh_Behroozi@nifl.gov>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:546] FW: The Digital Divide's New Frontier

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	The Children's Partnership
[SMTP:frontdoor@childrenspartnership.org]
<mailto:[SMTP:frontdoor@childrenspartnership.org]>
	Sent:	Monday, March 13, 2000 7:21 PM
	To:	"The Digital Divide's New Frontier mailing list"
	Subject:	The Digital Divide's New Frontier

	March 13, 2000

	Dear Colleague

	We are very pleased to let you know about the upcoming release of
our new report "Online Content for Low-Income and Underserved Americans:
The Digital Divide's New Frontier."  This "advance alert"comes with our
thanks to many of you who supported this effort in various ways.

	We will formally release the report at a press briefing on
Wednesday, March 15th at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.  The
event will be held at 9:30, and we welcome your coming if that is possible.
We've been thrilled with the early interest in the report and are delighted
to have an outstanding group of people comment on these findings at the
press event, including Gene Sperling (National Economic Council), David
Cortiella (Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción, Inc.), Zoe Baird (Markle
Foundation), Rosalind Hudnell (Intel) and Mario Morino (Morino Institute).

	In the meantime, you can get a peek at the report and press
materials early and download them by visiting
http://www.childrenspartnership.org <http://www.childrenspartnership.org> .
We hope to have these materials online by Tuesday the 14th.  Please remember
that the information is embargoed until 9:30 AM on the 15th.

	If you want a hard copy of the report, please email us your complete
mailing address and phone number.

	To refresh your memory, this audit has three purposes:

	1.  To describe who the underserved Americans are in relation to
Internet content, the barriers they face, and what they want in the online
world;

	2.  To analyze content currently available, emphasizing what exists,
chief gaps, and promising building blocks; and

	3.  To provide a roadmap for action -- identifying ways in which the
public and private sectors working with underserved communities can ensure
rich and relevant content for Americans at risk of being left behind.

	We look forward to continuing to work with you and extend our
appreciation once again for lending your good counsel and expertise.

	Best,

	Wendy Lazarus, Laurie Lipper, and Francisco Mora
	The Children's Partnership