[NIFL-WORKPLACE:3086] xpost-Adult Education Network

From: Heidi A.C. Watson (haw6@psu.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 20:49:51 EST

Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 20:49:51 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Heidi A.C. Watson" <haw6@psu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WORKPLACE:3086] xpost-Adult Education Network

PLEASE ANNOUNCE

17th Annual Faculty Development Summer Institute
Active Learning & Teaching in University & College
July 31 - August 4, 2000
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
CANADA

The UPEI Faculty Development Summer Institute on Active Learning and
Teaching is being presented for the 17th consecutive year. It is the
only one of its kind in Canada and has been in existence longer than
any similar institute in North America. The overall goal of the
Institute is to improve teaching and learning by enhancing the
knowledge and skills of professors.

Prince Edward Island is an idyllic getaway just before the hectic fall
term begins ... a time to contemplate the glories and the challenges
for the coming academic year. Our Island is an exceptional location
for a family holiday. We hope you will join us!

For further information on the program, comments from 1999
participants, scheduling, online registration, accommodations and how
to get here, please check our website at

http://www.upei.ca/~extensio/FDSInstitute.htm

Please pass this announcement on to your colleagues and I hope to hear
from you. Anna Sawicki

*****************
Heidi Watson
NIFL-WORKPLACE List Moderator Assistant

Sr. Research Technologist
Institute for the Study of Adult Literacy
College of Education
The Pennsylvania State University
102 Rackley Building
University Park, PA 16802-3202