[NIFL-WORKPLACE:3071] Re: Soft Skills

From: Coleman, Preston (pcoleman@dtae.org)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 11:33:04 EDT

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:33:04 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Coleman, Preston" <pcoleman@dtae.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WORKPLACE:3071] Re: Soft Skills

Another way to interpret the hard/soft distinction in a workplace context is
to contrast hardhat, hardware type skills with softer, management-oriented,
communications (software) type skills.  Shouldn't the former be taught in
seminars, and the latter in ovulars? :-)

Preston Coleman, Ph.D.
Georgia Dept. of Technical and Adult Education
1800 Century Place, N.E., Suite 400
Atlanta, GA  30345-4304
404-679-5234
pcoleman@dtae.org