[NIFL-WORKPLACE:3047] RE:

From: Barb Van Horn (blv1@psu.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 12:43:45 EDT

Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:43:45 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Barb Van Horn <blv1@psu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WORKPLACE:3047] RE:

Dear Marti -- and other subscribers,

Marti wrote:
>I have never participated in the list serve dialogues, though I have been a
>subscriber for a long time.  Sometimes I read the info carefully, sometimes
>I do not.  However, if I should want to iniate a question, how do I do it?

I encourage any -- and all -- subscribers to post their questions or
concerns about workplace literacy programming, workforce education,
or related topics to this list. All you need to do is to send a
message directly to the list at nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov. In
the subject line, try to put information related to your question or
concern.

Some subscribers are hesitant about posting questions or concerns
that will reveal their identity -- or put them in the "line of fire"
from other subscribers. [Of course, we discourage any type of
"flaming" or responses that are not respectful and understanding on
this list, but sometimes it does happen.] So, if you are one of the
shy or hesitant subscribers with a question to post, you can send it
directly to me at BLV1@psu.edu or to the list co-moderator, Heidi
Watson, at haw6@psu.edu. We can then post your question without your
name or email address appearing.  A little safety net if you need one.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!!

Barb

******************
Barbara Van Horn
NIFL-WORKPLACE List Co-Moderator

Assistant Director
Institute for the Study of Adult Literacy
College of Education
The Pennsylvania State University
102 Rackley Building
University Park, PA 16802-3202
Phone:   814-863-3777
Fax:     814-863-6108
E-mail:  BLV1@PSU.EDU

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of uncompleted tasks.