[NIFL-WORKPLACE:2868] Re: Workforce Literacy Feedback

From: Don Howerton (lisa@wko.com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 1999 - 21:32:19 EDT

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 21:32:19 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Don Howerton" <lisa@wko.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WORKPLACE:2868] Re: Workforce Literacy Feedback

The Workforce Investment Division of the Kentucky Department for Adult
Education has been using Workplace Essential Skills for several years now.
We find that it is delightfully easier to "sell" to business and industry.
WES has enough latitude to bring in the lowest level literacy issues or the
higher order skills needed at the worksite. It covers both prehire and
incumbent workers.  It really works well.  It is complete.  We would like
everyone to use this term! How about it?  :)