[NIFL-WORKPLACE:2798] Applicant assessments needed - URGENT!

From: sherri.cartee@springs.com
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 15:26:14 EDT

Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 15:26:14 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov
From: sherri.cartee@springs.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WORKPLACE:2798] Applicant assessments needed - URGENT!

Help!  My human resource manager just asked me to find materials about
any computer or paper assessments that would be helpful in measuring applicants'
basic skills.

I want to find assessments that would be fair, that would measure as accurately
as this type of tool can measure, and that would give us
adequate data so that we can offer classes to help applicants improve
their skills.  We are looking at critical thinking skills, ability to
handle more than one item at a time, ability to follow directions,
basic math, basic reading, work attitudes and beliefs, etc.

My manager will be at a meeting TOMORROW to discuss this issue
corporately, so I need info, and I need it fast!

Please reply to me off-list at sherri.cartee@springs.com
or fax any information to me at 803-377-9211.

Your expertise and guidance will be greatly appreciated.  In fact, you
may be able to help guide a corporation to find a positive solution to
a difficult problem in our area.

Bless you for your time and help!

Sherri Cartee
Springs Industries