[NIFL-WORKPLACE:2776] Say "Thank you"

From: Crystal Hack (Crystal_Hack@ccmail.wiu.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 12:13:53 EDT

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:13:53 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Crystal_Hack@ccmail.wiu.edu (Crystal Hack)
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WORKPLACE:2776] Say "Thank you"

Recently, I was made aware of a website that assists students with writing thank
you notes to prospective employers and others that aid in a person's job search.
This information came to me as a result of a conversation in which I was sharing
information about a pilot project I was involved in coordinating.  The pilot
involved TANF clients participating in a intensive 3 week job skills training
class.  During the class, employer contact and interview techniques were
discussed in detail.  I was astonished at the number of students who were
unaware that a thank you note should be sent following an interview.  I
expressed this when I returned to my office.  As a result a co-worker shared the
following website with me.  I am, in turn, passing it on to you.  The jobs used
are not entry level positions, however the general idea of the information
presented is quite useable.  I think it will prove to be a great classroom
resource.

www.careerlab.com/letters/chap13.htm

Let me know if you check it out and if it is helpful.

Sincerely,
Crystal Hack
Central Illinois Adult Education Service Center
Western Illinois University
6 Horrabin Hall
Macomb, IL 61455
(309)298-2285