[NIFL-WORKPLACE:2745] Introduction

From: Ajit Gopalakrishnan (agopalak@crec.org)
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 21:44:40 EDT

Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 21:44:40 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Ajit Gopalakrishnan" <agopalak@crec.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-workplace@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WORKPLACE:2745] Introduction

Hi Everybody,

Continuing the Netiqette:

My name is Ajit Gopalakrishnan. I am a trainer involved in professional
development of adult educators in Connecticut. One of the projects I work on
is workplace literacy. I recently joined the list and have found many of the
postings useful... so thank you all. In fact, I shared the CTC grant posting
with some Connecticut folks and one of them ended up attending the grant
presentation in New York City!

Also, I attended the workplace learning conference in Milwaukee and learned
a lot from it. I had a very interesting visit to Esperanza Unida, a
non-profit organization in the South side of Milwaukee
http://www.esperanzaunida.org/  They utilize a job training + job placement
model and seem to execute it very well.

Marian, thanks for sharing information about the CD-ROM orientation for
workplace instructors. That appears to be a wonderful product and I will
definitely consider ordering it.

Along the same lines, I would like to share that we are producing a
multimedia based interactive CD-ROM orientation for teachers new to adult
education (available for purchase in June '99). It contains informative
screens, lots of videos, interactive activities, and several full-text
articles and resources. If you would like to know more about this CD, please
contact me.

Thanks for this opportunity to participate on this listserv. I look to learn
more about innovative ideas and products from others on this listserv.

Thank you.

Ajit Gopalakrishnan
agopalak@crec.org
http://www.crec.org/atdn/index.shtml