[NIFL-POVRACELIT:523] RE: NCES report, "Educational Achievement and Black-White Inequality"

From: Anne Dooley (adooley@baltimorereads.org)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 12:21:08 EDT

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:21:08 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-povracelit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Anne Dooley" <adooley@baltimorereads.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-povracelit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-POVRACELIT:523] RE: NCES report, "Educational Achievement and Black-White Inequality"

Again, the National Center has collected an incredible amount of data
and arrayed it in a somewhat coherent manner for the average layperson.
The report substantiates what I see as a literacy worker.  In fact, it
is clear to me that literacy workers must develop (and implement)
educational strategies that are more successful than those used in K-12.
That is a great challenge.