Skip Navigation

How can I report fraud, waste, and abuse about an HHS program?


Complaints of possible fraud, waste, and abuse can be reported to the Inspector General's Hotline. There are several ways to contact the Hotline:

  • Toll-free phone: 1-800-HHS-TIPS (1-800-447-8477), 8:00 am - 5:30 pm, Eastern Time, Monday-Friday
  • Fax: 1-800-223-8164 (10 pages or less, please)
  • TTY: 1-800-377-4950
  • E-mail:
  • Mail: HHS TIPS Hotline
    P.O. Box 23489
    Washington, DC 20026
    (Note: please do not send any original documents)

You can also access the OIG Hotline guide for filing a complaint by going to the OIG Web site at

For security reasons, the Inspector General staff cannot offer a face-to-face interview.

If you found this answer to be helpful, you may want to visit Next Steps.

If you need additional assistance or information, you may want to:

Related Waste, Fraud, and Abuse Questions:

Last Updated: 04/01/2008