MedlinePlus in the News
- DotGovWatch (November 19, 2007), The Best .gov Health Sites.
MedlinePlus is #1.
- Newsweek (July 2-9, 2007), "MedlinePlus.gov is the absolute best source of up-to-date medical information on just about every disease or condition, plus any medications you might need to know about. It's one-stop shopping and your tax dollars pay for it, so you should use it!"
- Washington Post (August 1, 2006), "A 10-Year Checkup; A Decade Into the E-Health Era, Online Medical Resources Pass a Real-Life Test"
Start a disease search by visiting MedlinePlus.
- Business Week Online (August 30, 2004), "The Best Medical Websites (Extended)"
MedlinePlus is listed as part of the National Library of Medicine's site as "a patient-friendly location for looking up drugs and medical conditions."
- Wall Street Journal Online (July 6, 2004), "A Guide to Some of the Internet's Best -- And Most Overlooked -- Health Sites"
MedlinePlus and other health web sites are discussed. MedlinePlus "should be the first stop in any Internet health search."
- Government Computer News (December 15, 2003), "Medical library, student aid sites score high in e-gov user satisfaction"
MedlinePlus receives a score of 86 out of 100 on the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), the top score for an e-government Web site. MedlinePlus en español receives an 82.
- PC World (August 2003)
MedlinePlus is the "gold standard" for medical information on the Web according to PC World's "Best Free Stuff on the Web."
- Medicine on the Net (November 2002), "Multicultural health resources on the Net"
The September release of MedlinePlus en español "is perhaps the biggest boon to Spanish-speakers."
- Health Information Resource Center (HIRC), WWW Health Awards (Spring 2002)
The Interactive Health Tutorials, produced by the Patient Education Institute, have won the Silver Award for best health promotion/disease and injury prevention information web portal.
- Yahoo! Internet Life, "Seven Most Trusted Sites" in the Health on the Net section (February 2002)
MedlinePlus was ranked "highly for its readability and exhaustive information." Although designed for consumers, MedlinePlus "is as likely to get a visit from your doctor as from you."
- Consumer Reports, "Your Health" (January 2002)
Look under the Finding good health info on the web section for a list of respected health sites--"The best is MedlinePlus..."
- U.S. News and World Report, "Best of the Web" (October 8, 2001)
Repeating last year's mention in the December 4, 2000 "Best of the Web," MedlinePlus was again selected in the list of best health sites.
- The National Enquirer, "Click on to Good Health" (September 25, 2001)
"This site offers accurate information on all facets of medicine..."
- Newsweek Magazine, "The New Patient Power" (June 25, 2001)
"One of the more useful NIH offerings is medlineplus.gov, a site maintained by the National Library of Medicine."