Question: How can I locate materials on MedlinePlus that are easy to read?
- Click on Health Topics, and click on the Easy-to-Read link on the right side of the screen. You will see the first page, "Easy-to-Read beginning with A," listing links arranged by topic.
- Click on the letters at the top of the page to go to the pages with other topics. For example, to find easy-to-read materials on Diabetes, click on "D" and scroll down to Diabetes.
- Easy-to-read documents can also be found on many of the Health Topics pages.
You can identify such materials by looking for .
- The Interactive Health Tutorials (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/tutorial.html) are easy-to-read and include audio. Look for .
- The people who write the materials are the ones who have decided that they are easy-to-read. MedlinePlus does not decide the literacy level of materials.
Return to the list of MedlinePlus FAQs