National Institute for Literacy

Re: Re: [FocusOnBasics 271]  Supporting out of school study

Barbara Garner b.garner4 at verizon.net
Thu May 11 22:23:30 EDT 2006

It's great, Katrina, that you have students who do homework while a program is in session and even more wonderful that some do online work during school breaks.

You're right, though, my interest right now, is a little different: I"m curious about whether anyone is expressly doing things to let students know that if they have to stop coming for some reason, they can continue to study on their own. Does anyone do that, and introduce students to self-study materials they can purchse or borrow, or online resources?
Barb Garner