National Institute for Literacy

[FocusOnBasics] non-reader who wants info on adult ed

French, Regina RFrench at Bath.k12.ky.us
Tue Jan 17 10:02:26 EST 2006

You should be able to send her to the Adult Education Center in the county
where she lives, as they should be able to help her with literacy skills.
Study times are usually set up so that they have a one on one relationship
and privacy from other students. Volunteers are often used with low literacy
level students, meetings can be at the library or any other place both feel
safe and comfortable.

_____

From: focusonbasics-bounces at nifl.gov [mailto:focusonbasics-bounces at nifl.gov]
On Behalf Of Cesar Watts
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 11:53 AM
To: focusonbasics at nifl.gov
Subject: [FocusOnBasics] non-reader who wants info on adult ed

Dear Friends:

Do you have any advice for me to share with an adult non-reader(native
English speaker) who is interested in obtaining information about basic
reading and writing? A woman called me the other day and she is interested
in educating herself and supporting her children's emerging literacy skills.
I can help her out in relation to children's literacy, but wasn't sure where
to send her for adult education information, as she has very low literacy
skills.

Cesar Watts
Read Out Loud Hotline Coordinator
DC LEARNs
www.readoutloud.org
www.dclearns.org
1-866-732-3688

_____

Yahoo! Photos
Got holiday prints? See
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/holidayprints/*http://pa.yahoo.com/
*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/evt=38089/*http://pg.photos.
yahoo.com/ph//print_splash> all the ways to get quality prints in your hands
ASAP.