- To stay healthy and clean, wash your hands with warm water and soap.
When to Wash your Hands:
- Touching your hand to your mouth including:
- Eating and drinking,
- Brushing your teeth,
- Helping a sick person.
- Going to the bathroom
- Changing diapers
- Touching high-hand contact surfaces, such as:
- Returning to your cabin
- Helping a sick person
- Blowing your nose
How to wash your hands:
- 1. Wet your hands with warm water.
- 2. Apply a generous amount of soap.
- 3. Rub your hands together for 20 seconds.
- 4. Rinse your hands.
- 5. Dry your hands with a paper towel.
- 6. Use the paper towel to turn off the faucet and open the door.
What about alcohol-based hand sanitizers?
- CDC recommends that cruise ship passengers use warm water and soap to wash their hands. Washing is
- If water and soap are NOT available (perhaps on excursions), use an ethanol
alcohol-based (a minimum 62%) hand sanitizer, preferably in a gel form.