National Institute for Literacy

[FocusOnBasics 556] Re: FOB Article-of-the-Week: Differentiated and Multilevel Instruction

Julie McKinney julie_mcKinney at worlded.org
Fri Nov 10 09:21:46 EST 2006

Hey, has anyone read (or re-read) these articles? The first describes
differentiated instruction, with examples, references and a list of web
resources. The second describes one teacher's successful experience
using differentiated instruction with an extremely multilevel class.

What forms of differentiated instruction have worked for you?

Julie

Julie McKinney
Discussion List Moderator
World Education/NCSALL
jmckinney at worlded.org

>>> "Julie McKinney" <julie_mcKinney at worlded.org> 11/08/06 9:09 AM >>>

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I'm a day late, but here is this week's FOB Article-of-the-week.
It is actually a pair this week, and they are from Volume 7C , which is
all about modes of delivery.

Differentiated Instruction: Adjusting to the Needs of All Learners
By Mary Ann Corley
http://www.ncsall.net/index.php?id=736

Differentiating Instruction for a Multilevel Class
by Catherine Saldana
http://www.ncsall.net/index.php?id=735

I know that most teachers face classes with a variety of levels, and
must figure out ways to teach to all of them effectively. I hope that
this pair of articles can invite you to share ideas and strategies for
this challenge.

All the best,
Julie

Julie McKinney