National Institute for Literacy

[FocusOnBasics 437] Re: Andragynegogy and theindividualizedworkbook approach

David Collings david at collings.com
Tue Jul 18 10:53:45 EDT 2006

Andres,

I just can't express how encouraging it is to hear that this project is
continuing. For all of us in the adult education community, it is a joy to
know that such a collaboration is possible. I know that I am straying from
the topic of "individualized approach," but I think it is important to
emphasize this success story. The college and the community have joined to
support a project where individual learners also have a stake in a public
product. In the process each contributor shares cultural specifics, but
also illuminates personal struggle, which is common to us all. I want to
jump up and scream about how great this is.

It would probably work best as a new discussion thread, but I think many
people would like to know more about these personal successes and what was
needed to make each of them work.

David

David Collings
Technology Coordinator
Delaware Adult and Community Education Network
david at collings.com

_____