National Institute for Literacy

[FocusOnBasics 306] Discussion starts today: Video as a Professional Development Tool

Julie McKinney julie_mcKinney at worlded.org
Mon Jun 5 09:13:07 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to our discussion with author Jessica Tomkins about her recent
FOB article:

Video as a Professional Development Tool
http://www.ncsall.net/index.php?id=1107

Please write in with any impressions, comments or questions you have
about the article! See below for some discussion questions.

Enjoy!

Julie

************************************

Discussion Questions

1. Have you ever seen a video of yourself teaching? If so, what was your
impression? Did it affect your teaching? How?

> 2. What do you think you might gain from seeing yourself and your

students on video?

> 3. How might your students benefit from you reviewing such a video?

> 4. Have you ever used video as a professional development tool in your

program? If so, how did your group review and process the video in order
to share thoughts, give feedback and get the maximum benefit? How did
teachers receive this?

> 5. After reading this article, what unanswered questions stay with

you?

Julie McKinney
Discussion List Moderator
World Education/NCSALL