National Institute for Literacy

Re: [FocusOnBasics 215]  FOB Evaluation

Barbara Garner b.garner4 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 11 21:52:39 EDT 2006

One of the themes that is emerging in this discussion is how professional development providers serve as a conduit, introducing teachers to the publication and to particular articles.

If you're a teacher, how did you find out about "Focus on Basics"?
If you're a professional development provider, does your experience bear this out: do you introduce teacher to FOB?

And if we are able to find additional funding and continue publishing beyond 8C, where should we put our dissemination energy? Into reaching professional development providers, assuming they will introduce teachers to FOB? Or should we focus marketing efforts on teachers? Thoughts?

Barb Garner
Editor